Behavioral Health Organizations (BHO)

Behavioral Health Organizations (BHO) serve children and adults who need higher intensity mental health services not covered by the Apple Health plan, and for substance use treatment.

BHOs coordinate mental health services through contracts with community mental health agencies in their area. BHOs exist in every county except Clark and Skamania (where all mental health services are provided through the individual’s Apple Health’s Managed Care Organization.)

To access these services, you can:

  • Contact your local BHO directly (see list of contacts below); or,
  • Contact a BHO-contracted treatment agency directly; or,
  • Contact the 24-hour, free and confidential Washington Recovery
    Help Line at 1-866-789-1511 (TTY 1-206-461-3219), or visit You will be referred to a BHO that will connect you with a provider.

Contacts for Services

Greater Columbia BHO
Asotin, Benton, Columbia, Franklin, Garfield, Kittitas, Klickitat, Walla Walla, Whitman, Yakima

Telephone: 1-509-735-8681 or 1-800-795-9296

Crisis Lines:

Asotin County (1-888-475-5665)
Benton County (1-800-783-0544)
Columbia County (1-866-382-1164)
Franklin County (1-800-783-0544)
Garfield County (1-888-475-5665)
Kittitas County (1-800-572-8122 or 1-509-925-4168)
Klickitat County (1-800-572-8122 or 1-509-773-5801)
Walla Walla County (1-509-524-2999)
Whitman County (1-866-871-6385)
Yakima County (1-800-572-8122 or 509-575-4200)

Ombuds: 1-509-783-7333 or 1-800-257-0660


Great Rivers BHO
Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Pacific, Wahkiakum Counties

Telephone: 1-800-392-6298

Crisis Lines:

Cowlitz County (360-425-6064)
Grays Harbor County (1-800-685-6556)
Lewis County (1-800-559-6696)
Pacific County (1-800-884-2298)
Wahkiakum County (1-800-635-5989)

Ombuds: 1-855-851-1038


King County BHO
King County

Telephone: 1-800-790-8049

Crisis Line: 1-866-427-4747

Ombuds: 1-206-477-0630 or 1-800-790-8049 (Press #3)


North Central BHO
Chelan, Douglas, Grant Counties

Telephone: 1-509-886-6318 or 1-877-563-3678

Crisis Lines: 1-800-852-2923 or 1-509-662-7105

Ombuds: 1-800-346-4529


North Sound BHO
Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, Whatcom Counties

Access to Care Line: 1-888-693-7200

Crisis Line: 1-800-584-3578

Office Telephone: 1-360-416-7013 or 1-800-684-3555

Ombuds: 1-888-336-6164 or 1-360-416-7004 (Ext. #1 or # 2)


Optum Health Pierce BHO
Pierce County

Telephone: 1-253-292-4200 or 1-866-673-6256

Crisis Line: 1-800-576-7764

Ombuds: 1-800-576-7764


Salish BHO
Clallam, Jefferson, Kitsap Counties

Telephone: 1-360-337-7050 or 1-800-525-5637

Crisis Lines:

East Clallam County (1-360-452-4500 or 1-800-843-4793)
West Clallam County (1-800-843-4793)
East Jefferson County (1-360-385-0321 or 1-877-410-4803)
West Jefferson County (1-800-843-4793)
Kitsap County (1-360-479-3033 or 1-800-843-4793)

Ombuds: 1-800-576-7764


Spokane County Regional BHO
Adams, Ferry, Lincoln, Okanogan, Pend Oreille, Spokane, Stevens Counties

Telephone: 1-509-477-5722 or 1-800-273-5864

Crisis Lines:

Adams County (509-488-4611)
Ferry County (1-866-268-5105)
Lincoln County (1-888-380-6823)
Okanogan County (509-826-6191 or 1-866-826-6191)
Pend Oreille County (1-866-847-8540)
Spokane County (509-838-4428 or 1-877-678-4428)
Stevens County (1-888-380-6823)

Adams, Ferry, Lincoln, Okanogan, Pend Oreille and Stevens Counties Ombuds Service: 1-800-346-4529
Spokane County Ombuds Service: 509-477-4666 or 1-866-814-3409


Thurston-Mason BHO
Mason, Thurston Counties

Telephone: 1-360-867-2602 or 1-800-658-4105

Crisis Lines:

Mason County (1-800-270-0041 or 1-360-754-1338)
Thurston County (1-800-270-0041 or 1-360-754-1338)

Ombuds: 1-360-867-2556 or 1-800-658-4105


BHO Contacts (PDF)


  • Translate