October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month!
October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month! This month is an opportunity to celebrate workers with disabilities and highlight inclusive and supportive employment practices. NDEAM highlights the importance and value that individuals with disabilities bring to the workplace. Along with celebrating great work throughout the month, it is also a time to share resources and learn how to create more equal and inclusive workplaces. This month is also a time to share resources and learn how to help make a more inclusive workplace. Every year, the Department of Labor chooses a theme to highlight for the month. This year’s theme is “Advancing Access and Equity”
- Administration for Community Living: Check here for events happening throughout the month of October regarding the promotion and education of National Disability Employment Awareness Month.
- Disability History: Learn about the history of disability rights in America.
- Adaptive Technology: Learn about adaptive technology available in the workplace to promote inclusion.
- Department of Labor: Learn the meaning behind this year’s theme and resources to educate yourself and others on inclusive workplaces.
- The Arc of the United States: Check out The Arc of the United States blog post on how to celebrate this month along with success stories of individuals with disabilities in the workplace.
- Presidential Proclamation: A Proclamation on National Disability Employment Awareness Month 2023
- Washington State County Developmental Disabilities Website: DDA has a list of all the state county sites. Check to see if your county has events to celebrate NDEAM!
- Dan Thompson Employment Rallies 2023-2024: The 2023-2024 Dan Thompson Employment Rallies are coming to Washington State! Please join us to celebrate, share the history of our movement, and work together to define a vision and create a plan to move Employment forward through 2030.