- Emergencies are situations where law enforcement, firefighters, or medical help is needed right away.
- People may die if immediate medical care is needed but not available.
- You may have the ability to save a life.
- Understanding client conditions can help save lives.
- 9-1-1 is for emergencies only. Know when to call 9-1-1 and when to seek other types of help.
Learn more about symptoms of medical emergencies, providing information to 911, waiting for first responders, and resources in When to Call 911 caregiver alert by the Washington State Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA).