Wraparound with Intensive Services (WISe) provides intensive mental health services in a wraparound team structure for children and youth involved in more than one system. It’s available to Medicaid eligible children/youth from birth to age 21.
The focus of WISe is to:
- Provide intensive mental health services to assist youth and families in achieving wellness, safety, and relationships within their community.
- Develop a single plan, based on strengths and needs. The plan is guided and driven by the youth and family using a team. Team members include natural supports and professionals who work with the family.
- Provide supports to the family and youth in locations and at times that work best for the youth and family.
- Provide access to crisis services any time of the day, 365 days a year.
Consider WISe When Your Child Is…
- A frequent user of the crisis line or emergency rooms due to mental health.
- Experiencing challenging, hard to understand behaviors, and traditional services are not helping.
- Displaying an elevated risk of harm to themselves or others.
- In need of a more intensive and individualize approach.
- In need of a more flexible and engaging approach.
- Involved in more than one service system, and the system(s) are struggling with supporting the youth in a coordinated way.
- In Special Education and/or have a 504 Plan, with multiple school suspensions for mental health and/or behavioral issues.
Where is WISe?
WISe will be available statewide in 2018. Community Mental Health Agencies* currently provide WISe screening and services in 16 counties. Anyone can call to request a WISe screen. You do not need a referral.
WISe Locations* as of December 2014
For information on where WISe is available and who to contact, send an email to: WISeSupport@dshs.wa.gov.