What is happening?
The Consumer Directed Employer project wants to hear from you. You are invited to participate in a listening session to learn about the Consumer Directed Employer and to share your input. This is an opportunity to talk to project staff to make sure your voice is heard.
Who should attend the sessions?
The sessions are intended for Individual Providers of personal care, consumers who receive personal care from an Individual Provider, and their families. Because space is limited, DSHS and Area Agency on Aging staff are encouraged to attend the monthly staff webinars instead of attending the listening sessions.
What will the listening sessions cover?
- Background on the Consumer Directed Employer and why this change is happening.
- Information about the new federal requirements for states to implement Electronic Visit Verification.
- Opportunities to express your ideas and input on the Consumer Directed Employer project.
How do I sign up to attend a session?
All attendees are asked register in advance. Please email the following information to the CDE:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your role (IP, consumer, or family member)
- The session you would like to attend (see list below)
- Please let us know if you need auxiliary aids and services for effective communication (such as a sign language interpreter, an assistive listening device or print material in digital format) at least 14 days in advance of your selected meeting.
Space is limited. Registrations will be accepted until the space is full. Finalized meeting logistics will be emailed to you at least one week before your requested session.
What sessions are available?
- June 15, 2018: Vancouver from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- June 20, 2018: Lynnwood from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- June 21, 2018: Renton from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- July 25, 2018: Spokane from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- July 26, 2018: Kennewick from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- July 30, 2018: Lacey from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Additional Opportunity: Consumer Directed Employer Webinar
WHEN: June 22, 2018 from 11:00 am to Noon
WHAT to EXPECT:
- Status update on project activities
- Review of new project talking point documents
- Information on Statewide Consumer Directed Employer Listening Sessions
- Update on the Strategic Development Group and the Foundational Principles
- Questions and answers from May webinar
Register online. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Please visit the DSHS Consumer Directed Employer website for more information on the project, upcoming webinars and resources.
Watch our short video tutorial, which explains why the Consumer Directed Employer was created and how it will affect Individual Providers (IPs) and those who receive personal care services from an IP.