Apple Health for COFA Islanders
The Health Care Authority (HCA) learned from The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, (Sec. 208) that Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) was restored to Washington residents from the Republic of Palau, the Republic of the Marshall Islands and the Federated States of Micronesia. HCA is diligently working with state and federal partners to transition Compact of Free Association (COFA) recipients into Apple Health programs. HCA will continue to share information as it becomes available.
You can apply for free or low-cost coverage at any time throughout the year! While there is no open enrollment period for Apple Health, an application is still needed. View the Apple Health eligibility requirements to learn more.
How to apply for Apple Health
Adults, children, parents/caretakers, or pregnant individuals, apply for Apple Health coverage:
- Online: Go to Washington Healthplanfinder – select the “Apply Now” button.
- Mobile app: Download the WAPlanfinder app – select “sign in” or “create an account.” Available for iPhone and Android.
- Paper: Submit an Application for Health Care Coverage (18-001P).
- Phone: Call the Washington Healthplanfinder customer support center at 1-855-923-4633.
Individuals age 65 or older, blind, have a disability, or need long-term services, apply for Classic Apple Health (Medicaid) coverage:
- Online: Go to Washington Connection and select “Apply Now”.
- Paper: Submit an Application for Aged Blind Disabled or Long Term Services and Support (HCA 18-005).
- Phone: Request an application by calling 1-877-501-2233.
More information about Apple Health
- COFA Islander programs and Apple Health transition
- First-timers’ Guide to Washington Apple Health
- HCA COVID-19 information
- Connect with us on social media!
If you have received this bulletin but you are not currently subscribed, sign up to receive COFA Islander program updates.
Please feel free to share this GovDelivery with others!