The Developmental Disabilities Council is seeking a new staff member at the Commerce Specialist 1 level. This position acts as the Self-Advocacy/Civil Rights Coordinator and is responsible for implementing and overseeing projects of the Council related to Self Advocacy/Civil Rights and assure compliance with the mandate of the Developmental Disabilities Act.
- Bachelor’s degree AND one year of experience working with volunteer boards/commissions on a full time basis.
- Additional professional experience may substitute year for year for education.
- Two years of experience working with disability policy and/or legislative issues.
- Knowledge of travel procedures.
- Understanding of reasonable accommodations for people with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Ability to work with diverse groups.
- Basic knowledge of program and project structure, goals, objectives and performance measures.
Click here for the full announcement and to apply.
You may also search for the job a hr.wa.gov. You will be required to set up an account to apply.