Did You Know?
- In the United States, extreme heat is the cause of death for around 618 people every year.
- Your car can increase to dangerous temperatures even with a cracked window within 10 minutes.
- When outside temperature is 80 degrees Fahrenheit, it only takes 20 minutes for the car temperature to reach 118 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sweating is your body’s way of cooling itself down to prevent damage to the brain and other vital organs.
- Heat-related illnesses occur when a body’s temperature cannot cool itself fast enough.
Learn the signs for heat related illnesses and how to prevent them in this latest Caregiver Alert by the Washington State Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA).