DID YOU KNOW?
Summer Programs, Parks and Recreation Departments, Community Centers, and Senior Centers can become a contracted Respite in Community Settings provider for clients of the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA).
How it Works:
- A Respite in Community Settings contract pays for respite services, not tuition and fees.
- Payment comes directly from DDA, rather than from the individual or his/her family.
- As a Respite in Community Settings provider, the cost of your program will be paid as service hours by DDA.
- The number of hours that DDA may authorize will be equivalent to your program cost, but may not exceed the number of hours of respite care provided.
- Instead of receiving payment in advance, you will receive authorization in ProviderOne from DDA that allows you to bill for hours of service.
What to Do:
- Call the contracts department at the DDA office nearest you and ask if you may qualify for a Respite in Community Settings contract. If eligible, set up a Respite in Community Settings contract. (See numbers below.)
- The person’s DDA Case Manager will seek pre-approval and enter an authorization in the payment system.
- This authorization guarantees payment to you, billable as hours served. Do not work unless there is a ProviderOne authorization in place.
- You will bill DDA for completed hours (up to every two weeks) after the service has been delivered.
About Respite in Community Settings
Respite in Community Settings is an opportunity for DDA clients with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) to engage in fun activities with others in a community setting.
While integration is always encouraged, Respite In Community Settings can be specialized for clients with I/DD (Medicaid and Non-Medicaid recipients) when individuals prefer to participate in a specialized program.
Call to Get Started
Karen Potter: 509-329-2945
Yakima: Pamela Sander-Morgan: 509-225-4636
Seattle: Lyuda Kozlova: 206-568-5762
Everett: Gina Thomas 425-339-4840
Tacoma: Susan Winkler 253-404-5515
Tumwater: Luise Frank 360-725-4252