Washington State Secure Messaging Explained
Keep Your DDA Emails Safe
To help protect your privacy, the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) uses a secure messaging system to exchange emails with your Case Manager.
How it Works
- Your Case Manager will send you an email through the Washington State Secure Email Portal. It will have the Seal of Washington State in the upper right corner. Click the link at the bottom of your email that says, Create your account and read your message.
- A privacy update will pop up. Click “accept” if you agree to have cookies stored on your computer, and continue to the next step.
- Set up an account.
- Enter your first and last names (your email will automatically appear)
- Enter a password, then re-enter (see below for password tips)
- Log in to get your message
Good news! Once you set up an account, you will not have to do it again. However, you will need to log in to get your messages, so be sure to save your password.
Do not use your name, email, a complete word, an asterisk (*) or period. If you use the automatically generated password, be sure to add a special character or your registration will not be accepted.
Chrome browser seems to work the best. If your registration is not accepted, and your password meets all the rules, try switching to Chrome.
Copy the url address of your secure message registration from the old browser and paste into the address bar of Chrome to complete your account set up. If you need assistance, contact WaTech (see below for contact information).
How to Use the Secure Messaging System
Read and Reply to Emails
- To read an email from your DDA Case Manager, click the “Open Message” link.
Enter your email and password to log in and view your message.
- To reply, select the ”Reply/Forward” button in the upper left of the reading pane. To write a new message, click “compose,” located on the upper left of the window (above the folder pane).
- Write your reply and hit “send” in bottom of the window.
- While reading or replying, there is a chance your session might time out if the system is idle too long. If this happens, just login again.
Change Your Language
You can change the language of the email features (such as send, reply, compose) at any time. To do this, select a language from the drop-down list in the top-right corner of the page. This will change the language for the program features. The content of the message will be in the original language the sender used.
NOT RECEIVING MAIL?
Check your spam (or junk) folder. If you find your secure message there, be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list.
For technical assistance to set up an account or change your password, please email the WaTech Service Desk, or call 1-888-241-7597, option 0.
The WaTech Service Desk will only be able to help with technical issues. If you have questions about the content of your message, please contact the sender (e.g., your Case Manager).