One of our favorite times of the year is upon us—PARENT RECOGNITION MONTH—in February!
The Department of Children, Youth & Families (DCYF) will celebrate Parent Recognition Month in February 2020 by honoring extraordinary parents, caregivers, guardians and community members across Washington State through the annual Unsung Heroes campaign.
Each day in February, in partnership with Seattle’s Child magazine, we will recognize an individual or couple who shows one or more of these strengths:
- The ability to bounce back from stress (parental resilience)
- A strong support system (social connections)
- Understands their child’s developmental needs (knowledge of parenting and child development)
- Shows empathy and support toward their child’s feeling (social and emotional competence of children)
- Not afraid to ask for help or receive help (concrete support in times of need)