Wildfire Season is Here: Do You Have Plan?

smoke over morning and forest and sun.

This year is already one of the most active fire seasons on record.

If you are in an area affected by wildfires, you may have to evacuate your home or be without power for days.

Read the Developmental Disabilities Administrations new Care Provider Bulletin about how to have a plan in place for protecting persons you support and yourself when fire danger exists.

Wildfires and Replacement of Food Benefits

DSHS can replace food benefits lost in a natural disaster. For replacement, the food must have been purchased with Basic Food benefits. Recipients must report the loss within ten days, and DSHS may replace up to one month’s worth of benefits per household.

For information about wildfire status updates, emergency shelters and housing, and other state and federal resources, see Governor Inslee’s website.

For benefit replacement information, visit a local community services office or call 1-877-501-2233.

Individuals receiving services from the Developmental Disabilities Administration may contact the Long Term Care Specialty Unit at 1-855-873-0642.


  • E-News

    Enter your email in the field below, let us know you're not a robot, and click the SIGN UP button.

    By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Informing Families, 2600 Martin Way, Suite F , Olympia, WA, 98501, http://www.informingfamilies.org. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact

  • Translate