Changes to the Individual and Family Services (IFS) Program
May 15, 2015
If you are currently enrolled in the Individual and Family Services (IFS) program. The IFS program will become a Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver starting June 1, 2015. You may have the opportunity to receive the new IFS waiver program benefits starting at the time of your annual assessment.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO ME?
Your case manager will call you and send you an application packet 60 days before your annual assessment due date. This application packet will include:
- Medical Disability Decision Application (DSHS 14-144A)
- Social Security Administration Consent Form (SSA-827)
- Washington Apple Health Application for Long Term Care Medical (HCA 18-005)
- Information about the IFS Waiver and a Cover Letter
If you would like to convert to the IFS waiver at the time of your annual assessment, please fill out the applications and forms provided in the packet. A return envelope and fax number will be included and must be submitted as soon as possible within 30 days of the time you receive the packet. The information in this packet will determine if you are financially eligible for the program and if you meet federal disability eligibility requirements.
At the time of your annual assessment, you will have the choice to switch to the IFS waiver or to enroll in the State Supplemental Payment (SSP) in lieu of IFS (if you meet financial eligibility requirements for SSP). The state IFS Program will no longer be available.
WHY IS THE PROGRAM CHANGING?
In 2014, the legislature directed DDA to design an IFS waiver program that is as close to the current IFS program as possible, within Federal Medicaid Waiver rules. Any changes made to the program were to comply with Federal waiver rules or to enhance the scope of services available under the IFS waiver.
If you have questions, please contact your DDA Case Manager.
Individual and Family Services Waiver
What are the benefits of being on the IFS Waiver?
- You will have access to new IFS Waiver Services, such as peer mentoring, supported parenting, person-centered plan facilitation and community engagement.
- You will be in a priority group for consideration for other waivers if additional supports are needed.
- You will be eligible for Washington Apple Health Long Term Care Medical Coverage.
What will happen if I choose not to receive the IFS waiver at this time?
The state only IFS program will no longer be available to you after your annual assessment.
What will happen if I am determined ineligible for the IFS waiver?
Your case manager will contact you regarding your service options if you are determined ineligible for the IFS waiver program.
*The content of this announcement comes from DSHS/DDA and is intended for clients who are currently enrolled in the Individual & Family Services program.